If you're looking for easy and inspiring content for your small business blog, look no further! Typically, you should shoot for an interview of around eight questions in length, and include some fun and creative approaches to questions.
There's no doubt that a verbal interview will generate the highest quality and most in-depth answers, but since our goal is to generate quick and easy content, we're suggesting an email interview.
The Keys to a Good Email Interview:
- Choose around 8 interesting questions with some depth to them.
- Follow up with a second question if you feel any responses are unclear.
- Pick people who you've seen do good writing - stalk them on social media, or review emails they've sent you to make sure they have a basic grasp of grammar.
Great Interview Questions for Your Blog
- At what point did you realize you wanted to be a [Insert Career]? What impacted your decision?
- What is a book that really inspired you? Why do you love it?
- What is a podcast or radio show you really love? What about it speaks to you?
- Tell us about your childhood. Did you grow up locally, or did you move here later in life? What were you like as a kid?
- Do you have a nickname? What's the story behind it?
- Tell us the story behind your business name.
- What is something you didn't expect or didn't realize about [career/business] before you started it?
- How do you like to spend your downtime? What do you do to de-stress?
- What is your goal for the next year? What about for the future?
- How have your goals for your [career/business] changed over time? Do you still have the same vision for the future that you had when you first started?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Why?
- Share something I didn't think to ask about.